Pages

Tuesday 20 November 2012

"Hello, is that the chemist?"



Caller:
"Hello, is that the Chemist?"

Me:
"No, you've dialed a lorry company."

Caller:
"Oh.........sorry........[hangs up]"


I've lost count how many phone calls like that I've had the past fortnight I've been here but they still make me giggle, especially as they're roughly the same time each morning and it's usually the same lady making the call.

Where I was before (a plumbing firm) every week there were a few oul' dolls who'd ring and ask if this was the Doctor's surgery, they never got the joke when I said to them we deal with water works but not the kind you're looking for; usually I got silence and had to very politely explain they'd dialed a wrong number. Never stopped me saying it each time though!

1 comment:

  1. when working on the phones I used to get really frustrated when I had a brilliant joke but the person on the other side didn't get it or was just too moody to play along.

    ReplyDelete

Blogarama - The Blog Directory